Welcome Back! 🥂
In this week's email, we'll talk about a breakfast classic — French Toast
Not just any French Toast though...
We'll talk about how you can make them beautifully, the WARKITCHEN way,
So as summer greets us this week, give the recipe a go and let me know how you like it
The WK French Toast 🥖
Ingredients (per person):
- 1 Egg
- 150ml (1/2 cup) fresh milk or cream
- Dash of cinnamon
- Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Bread of choice, 1" slices
- 2-3 tbsp raw honey
- Few knobs of butter
- Sunny-Side Eggs
- 2 Eggs
- Fresh parsley
- Stainless steel / cast iron pan
- Bowl or tray for “batter”
1. French Toast Batter Preparation
- Combine milk, 1 egg, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl or wide tray and incorporate well
2. Cook Eggs
- Get the pan on medium heat and coat well with butter.
- Add 2 eggs to the pan when the butter starts to sizzle
- Cook thoroughly for 2-3 minutes, cover with a lid if white is under cooked
3. Cook French Toast
- Submerge toast in batter fully for 15 seconds each side
- Wipe pan clean and get it on medium heat again, coated well with butter
- Drop toast in pan and do a good sear, about 2 minutes each side
- Once ready, drizzle raw honey or maple syrup and serve.
- Tear parsley and garnish, with sea salt.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does the type of bread I use matter?
Yes. Use a thick brioche if you want to stay true to recipe, or do what I do and use sprouted grain or french sourdough which is healthier.
2. Can I add vanilla?
You can, just don’t overdo it. You could gently heat the milk with a vanilla pod and let that cool before making batter
3. Do I do the eggs or toast first?
While both iterations work, I prefer cooking the eggs first. They’re sunny side so you don’t need the heat to be that high, but you want the pan ready and hot for a good crust
Maple syrup instead of honey. A scoop of yogurt on toast.
Chocolate twist: Add cacao powder to egg mixture and serve with strawberries
This recipe is one of many from OPTIMAL FUEL: YOUR NUTRITITION PLAYBOOK. New edition coming soon. Get your copy now to lock lifetime access at the current price.