Our 2023 Convention is planned for next Saturday, February 18th.
If you would like to participate in the pizza option, be sure to sign up and RSVP by February 15th. This allows us to plan accordingly for numbers as well as saves a few bucks for yourself.
Not a pizza person? No problem, order anything from Goodtimes menu and just let them know you are downstairs. They will bring it down to you once it's ready. 😁.
As a refresher on how Minnesota GOP politics work, things are scheduled around even years and odd years for key elections.
This year is an "odd numbered year" for our convention (as its 2023). As such, we will be electing our delegates and alternates for CD1 and State Committee as well as our local officers for our BPOU (Houston County Republican Party).
In "even numbered years", this is when we elect delegates and alternatives for CD1 and State Conventions. So next year's convention is when our current 52 delegates/alternates for Houston County terms have ended and we will hold a new election for those positions.
Each convention cycle (odd year vs. even year), positions are a two year term. This applies to officer positions, delegates, alternatives. The full details are in our Constitution if you'd like to read it.
When: Saturday, February 18th, 2023. Registration at 11:00 AM, convention convening at 11:30 AM.
Where: Good Times Restaurant (lower level), 118 Bissen Street, Caledonia, Minnesota.
What to expect:
- The meeting will happen in the lower level (basement) of Goodtimes. Head down the stairs when you get there.
- You will check in at the registration/credentials table when you arrive. This lets us see the number of delegates or alternates in attendance. We currently have 52 delegates/alternates for the county.
- New comers should register also as to ensure their information is added to our mailing list, etc.
- We will convene at 11:30 and the agenda is here.
- We will be flexible with the agenda if/when guest speakers are available in order to accommodate their schedules.
- The election(s) for Officers and CD1 and State delegates will be done verbally or by secret ballot (depending on situation). As reminder: If you are a Delegate, you will be voting on these nominations as well as the two submitted constitution changes.
- Length of the meeting will depend on a few things but we expect things to take around 90 minutes (give or take... depending on nominations, discussions, votes, etc.).
We anticipate that our CD1 Representative, Brad Finstad, as well as Aaron Ferris (CD1 Chair) will be joining us for a short speaking engagement (and probably Q&A).
We look forward to seeing you there!
New joiners are welcome!
FULL DETAILS LOCATED HERE (Click to open) ⬇️⬇️⬇️