- When: Saturday 28th October 2023, 10 AM - 12 PM
- Where: Watershed (1 Canon's Road, Bristol BS1 5TX)
- Tickets: £20 - £40 (includes refreshments)
- Accessibility: This venue is fully accessible (more info available here)
- Who's it for? This is a public event - everyone welcome!
- CPD certificates will be available to attendees on the day
In this talk Graham Music will elaborate on themes from his book, Respark. He will discuss ways of understanding and working with more shut-down states, such as those seen after trauma, neglect and learned helplessness, as well as more manic ‘mis-sparking’ states.
Graham will discuss the impact not only of trauma, but also of emotional flatness and lack of energy, on patients and in our countertransference, the variety of forms this can take, and how aliveness may return after it. New science will be linked with clinical insights needed to shift people from ‘desparked’, lifeless, unenergised states, linking ideas such as Symington’s ‘lifegiver’ with newer thinking about ‘danger responses, and a specific focus on the body. The talk will use video clips and slides as well as clinical examples.