5 Collocations and examples
Here are 5 expressions with ‘do’. But, listen carefully, because I’m also giving you some alternatives to ‘do’. You can improve your written style by using these alternative collocations.
1. You do an exam, or you sit/take an exam. (I have to sit/take an exam in English tomorrow)
2. You do a research project, or you carry out/conduct a research project (The project team carried out / conducted a groundbreaking research project last year)
3. You can do a course, or you can enrol on / take a course. (She decided to do a digital marketing course, or she decided to enrol on / take a digital marketing course.)
4. You can do a subject, for example law, or you can study/take a subject (He studied / took history and law at university)
5. You can do an essay, or you can write an essay. (I had to write an essay when I took the Cambridge exam)