1) chaplin first realized the power of comedy when he fell ill and his mom sat by the window for weeks and re-enacted anything she saw that might amuse him.
2) chaplin won third place when he secretly entered a charlie chaplin look-a-like contest.
3) despite its increasing popularity, chaplin initially refused to adopt audio and dialogue for a long time, for fear that it would ruin the tramp.
4) chaplin was so obsessed with achieving immortality through his persona that he allowed “the tramp” to appear in just about anything.
5) when walt disney was about to give up on snow white — the world’s first feature-length animated movie — chaplin apparently convinced him to see it through.